Friday 15 January 2016

Welcome to my Lair!

Hi, I’m very pleased to meet you. It’s a Friday and I had samosas for a late breakfast so I suppose you could say I’m fairly happy.

A LEGO stormtrooper alarm clock holding a fork over a bowl of samosas.
Or rather, my stormtrooper alarm clock had samosas for breakfast. Heh.

For various reasons I’m in need of some sort of timetable for my week, so I figured what better way is there than to update my life on the internet? Hopefully I’ll have a regular stream of little crafty projects to share since I’m fed up of being a physicist for the moment.

The past year has been both the best and worst year of my life.

Reasons it was the best:

  1. I met the absolute love of my life, like after two days we couldn’t be without each other. YUCK, I know. But as someone who didn’t particularly believe in love, just some sort of mutually beneficial sex friendship, I am enjoying it very much indeed.
  2. I got back in touch with my crafty side, and a sewing machine for Christmas! Art was my favourite back in school and I’ve just grown out of it. Got all caught up doing a physics degree and what-not, so I’d forgotten how fun it was.
  3. Kung fu! I did jiu-jitsu when growing up but I didn’t particularly like the club at the university, so I tried out all the other martial arts clubs and settled on this one. It’s run by a terrifying northern man with a ponytail and he’s just the best.
  4. I have recently discovered ebay, despite it being literally as old as I am. Having collections of pretty paper and little googly eyes makes me happy.

Reasons it was the worst:

  1. Since I’m going to be honest here, I’ve been struggling with depression over the past year. It’s mostly related to my degree. Physics is really really hard, and I’m not used to being bad at it. I’m taking a year away from university to get better, find a job (hopefully an interesting physics related one,) and just generally get back into a routine.
  2. The love of my life came with a very spiteful ex who he unfortunately has to live with until March. Silly house contracts.

Well, there seem to be more good things than bad. Maybe last year was the best after all.

This little limpet is determined to get better, and live a wholesome life which keeps her busy and offers lots of distractions. Feel free to join me on this journey, and I will see you later!

Yours,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment