Sunday 19 June 2016

Fiona's Needle Book

Introducing: the very first gift that I made with my sewing machine!

My friend Fiona lent me her sewing kit ages ago so I could use her embroidery threads for some cross stitching. As a thank you I made her this needle book, as she didn't have anything to organise hers.
Purple Needle Book



It's got an elastic/button fastener, needle storage pages and pockets, and a big 'F' for Fiona sewn on the front:
Purple Needle Book

A front pocket for little scissors and thread and bits and bobs:
Purple Needle Book

Felt pages to store pins and needles in:
Purple Needle Book

A back pocket for little scissors and thread and bits and bobs:
Purple Needle Book

An opened-out picture to show the fastening elastic and button, with a lacy bit on the spine:
Purple Needle Book

The bright purple needle book, nestled into Fiona's embroidery box and fitting nicely:
Purple Needle Book

It was made very simply, with more felt inside the cover to give it a bit of stiffness, and only took about half an hour once I had everything designed and cut out. I'll be making myself one too, probably using the spare fabric that I cut off my comic book pyjamas when I was taking the legs up.

Pins and purples,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment