Friday 9 September 2016

My Reading List

You may have noticed a new little page labelled "Reading List" pop up on the side of this blog recently. As the name suggests, this is all the books I've read/want to read within the time frame of my Big Old To-Do List, which I haven't actually decided yet. I'll be updating it regularly when I get more books and finish them, but as any reader knows it's tricky to keep on top of the ever-growing pile!

Stole Dune from my parents and I've been a sci-fi lover ever since.


How much is a good target for one year in "goal 31: read lots of books"? 20? 25? 30? I used to be an avid reader when I was younger but since going to university I've let it slip. Last year when I was confined to bed with particularly nasty kidney problems there wasn't much else for me to do but read or cross stitch or crochet, so that's how I got back into it.

As for what kind of books I like- a bit of everything! Horror, sci-fi, mystery, non-fiction. I've even been known to read a trashy book on my kindle now and again, although I haven't included those because they hardly count as literature and the whole point of reading is to expand my brain.

Reading is great! Everyone should read! It takes me back to school where I'd sit under a tree and read with my friends at lunch time. The teachers would walk past and say "oh look, isn't that so great, children reading! You've made me so happy to see that, girls, well done." Makes me feel all wholesome and intelligent and stuff.

Limpet x

Edit: I just updated my reading list with the zombie books I had forgotten about and as of today I've read 34 books this year, an average of just over one book a week. That's crazy, I had no idea! Excuse me while I cross number 31 off my to-do list! Or maybe I should update it with a number to work towards, what do you think?

2 comments: